Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This looks REALLY good to me, but I haven’t tried it yet. Time does not include marination.
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 fresh garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh black pepper
- 1 -2 pinch of your favorite artificial sweetener
- curry powder (enough to coat nuggets)
- corn tortilla chips
- 1 scallion, chopped
- banana pepper, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- pico de gallo or picante sauce
- You can marinate the chicken right out of the freezer for up to a couple of days, but you can marinate unfrozen ones overnight too.
- When the marinade has “cooked” the chicken a bit, drain and cut into large bite size nuggets. Preheat the oven to 350°F Roll the nuggets in enough curry powder to coat them thoroughly. Bake for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Layer the chips on a plate or pan, depending if you’re microwaving or baking. Next, evenly layer the green onions, tomatoes, peppers and mozzarella cheese.
- Microwave or bake until the cheese melts. Top with pico de gallo or picante sauce.