Chicken Nachos (spicy)
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1 -2 lb chicken breast, if you like a lot of meat use 2 (Can use ground beef too, directions are the same)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package Ortega taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) bag tostitos restaurant style corn chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 cup water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (optional)
- 8 ounces sour cream (optional)
- 16 ounces salsa (optional)
- 6 ounces shredded lettuce (optional)
- 4 ounces sliced olives (optional)
- Pour the 2 tablespoons vegetable oil into a frying pan and heat on medium heat for 2 minutes or until pan is warm.
- Add Chicken breasts to pan and add salt and pepper to your taste, cook chicken thoroughly so there is no pink in the middle of the breast.
- Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cut the breasts into very small chunks.
- Optional Step: Once they are in small chunks if you want a better appearances, take to forks and stick the tines of one fork into the the other fork so they form an X shape over each piece of chicken and then spread the forks apart, this should basically'shred' the chicken into tiny little strips.
- Once your chicken is cut/shredded place the chicken back into the frying pan (still on medium) and let it warm again, once the pan is warm stir in the package of taco seasoning with 2/3 cups of water (as directed by the package).
- If you like hot nachos, put in some cayenne pepper (to taste) as well, careful though, it gets spicy quick.
- While the excess water is boiling off of the pan layer a cookie sheet with Tostitos (I also put a layer of aluminum foil under the chips so that all the extra melted cheese doesn't stick to the pan and create a huge hassle to clean later).
- Once your pan is layered with chips, spread half the bag of chedder cheese onto the chips.
- Now take the chicken out of the pan and layer it over the chips evenly.
- Next put the rest of the bag of cheese over the nachos.
- Now place this in the oven for up to 10 minutes, it might take less, just take it out when the cheese is melted.
- Now feel free to add whatever you like to your nachos, in my case it is all the ingredients above that are listed as optional, this should make a great appetizer or even a full meal, kids seem to love it.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!