1/1 Photo of Curried Chicken And Rice Soup
I have not tried this but this was on our local TV show and looks so good! I plan on making this in the coming weeks for sure!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 1/3 cup basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1Stir together the chicken broth and stewed tomatoes with juice in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- 2Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 3When the liquid returns to a boil, reduce the heat to medium; cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
- 4Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken And Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (815 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.7
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 1979.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 37.9 g