Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried this but this was on our local TV show and looks so good! I plan on making this in the coming weeks for sure!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 1⁄3 cup basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Stir together the chicken broth and stewed tomatoes with juice in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- When the liquid returns to a boil, reduce the heat to medium; cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
I used pork stock(the chinese seem to mix chicken and pork stock),ordinary rice,tomatoes,and added some shrimp.
I doubled the recipe, I didn't have stewed tomatoes in the house so I used diced tomatoes and the seasonings used in stewed. Otherwise I followed it exactly and loved it. Very curry heavy, if you don't like the strong curry flavor cut back a little, *just as kikimony suggested, "to taste"* This freezes fantastic!! Will now use it on my OAMC list... it was very inexpensive to make. Just fresh parsley and chicken is all I had to buy because the rest is a staple item in my kitchen. Thank you kikimony! It's a keeper
This was very easy and tasty. I used 10oz chicken and only 1/4 cup rice. I was tempted to pre-cook the chicken, but I'm so glad I didn't! The chicken was so tender and flavorful having been boiled in the spices. I used almost 2 tsp curry. My rice was brown basmati, so it took much longer to soften, almost 20 minutes! Next time I'll probably add some veggies, carrots or even some winter squash. Thanks!