1 hr 5 mins
Also known as "Kansas Hot Dish" in my family. This is ultimate comfort food, and so easy! Don't take the ingredient amounts too seriously, I "eyeball" most of it. I make this when I'm not feeling well, or for friends when they're going through a rough time. Make a lower fat version with light mayo and reduced fat cream of mushroom soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole roasting chicken, roasted and fine diced (or equivalent amount of chicken breasts, about four)
- 1 lb frozen broccoli
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 8 ounces cream of mushroom soup (standard sized can)
- 1/2-3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or to taste, I usually use about 2 Tb.)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Spray 9 x 13 glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Arrange broccoli in bottom, sprinkle with almonds and arrange chicken on top.
- 3For the sauce, mix cream of mushroom soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sherry, and curry powder until well blended. Spoon evenly over the top of the chicken. Sprinkle cheddar on top.
- 4Bake at 375 for 45 minute until cheese starts to turn golden and it is bubbly. Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.4
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 90.7 mg
- Sodium 862.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 27.0 g