Recipe by chanteuse1978
Also known as "Kansas Hot Dish" in my family. This is ultimate comfort food, and so easy! Don't take the ingredient amounts too seriously, I "eyeball" most of it. I make this when I'm not feeling well, or for friends when they're going through a rough time. Make a lower fat version with light mayo and reduced fat cream of mushroom soup.
Top Review by M. Joan
Love this recipe. Absolutely delicious! Didn't use full amount of curry, as seemed a lot to add. I will definitely add more next time (which will be for supper tonight) as the curry flavor is wonderful in this dish. I cooked fresh broccoli in the micro as holds texture and color so well. Thanks MeINTex for posting your recipe!
- 1 whole roasting chicken, roasted and fine diced (or equivalent amount of chicken breasts, about four)
- 1 lb frozen broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 8 ounces cream of mushroom soup (standard sized can)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or to taste, I usually use about 2 Tb.)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 9 x 13 glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Arrange broccoli in bottom, sprinkle with almonds and arrange chicken on top.
- For the sauce, mix cream of mushroom soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sherry, and curry powder until well blended. Spoon evenly over the top of the chicken. Sprinkle cheddar on top.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minute until cheese starts to turn golden and it is bubbly. Serve over rice.