Recipe by Rob G.
I got this recipe from a Country Singer down south. It's best to make lots as it tends to dissapear fast. Instead of the Rice Vermicelli, you can just spoon it over cooked rice.
Top Review by bluejeanbaby14
Made this for dinner tonight. Was a big hit with my picky-eater husband. I scaled back on the red pepper as I wasn't sure how spicy it would be- next time, I'll add a bit more. Served it over Jasmine Rice. Made more than enough for the two of us, so I'm hoping it freees well!
- 1 cup butter
- 4 medium onions (chopped)
- 6 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 6 tablespoons ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (uncooked and cubed)
- 2 (24 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (24 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 (10 ounce) package rice vermicelli (broken up)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the Butter in a large pot over medium/high heat.
- Add Onions and Garlic and cook until tender.
- Stir in the Ground Ginger.
- Add the Cumin, Salt, Curry Powder, and Pepper Flakes.
- Add the water and stir.
- Add the Chicken, and cook until done.(about 10 minutes).
- Add the Diced Tomatoes and stir.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 1/2 hour stirring occasionly.
- Add the Yogurt to make it creamy.
- Add the Cilantro.
- Add the Rice Vermicelli and stir until cooked. (it only takes a couple of minutes).
- Remove from heat and ENJOY.