Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from a Country Singer down south. It's best to make lots as it tends to dissapear fast. Instead of the Rice Vermicelli, you can just spoon it over cooked rice.
- 1 lb butter
- 4 medium onions (chopped)
- 6 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 6 tablespoons ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (uncooked and cubed)
- 2 (24 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (24 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 (10 ounce) package rice vermicelli (broken up)
- Melt the Butter in a large pot over medium/high heat.
- Add Onions and Garlic and cook until tender.
- Stir in the Ground Ginger.
- Add the Cumin, Salt, Curry Powder, and Pepper Flakes.
- Add the water and stir.
- Add the Chicken, and cook until done.(about 10 minutes).
- Add the Diced Tomatoes and stir.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 1/2 hour stirring occasionly.
- Add the Yogurt to make it creamy.
- Add the Cilantro.
- Add the Rice Vermicelli and stir until cooked. (it only takes a couple of minutes).
- Remove from heat and ENJOY.