1 hr 5 mins
Rob G.'s Note:
I got this recipe from a Country Singer down south. It's best to make lots as it tends to dissapear fast. Instead of the Rice Vermicelli, you can just spoon it over cooked rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb butter
- 4 medium onions (chopped)
- 6 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 6 tablespoons ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (uncooked and cubed)
- 2 (24 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (24 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 (10 ounce) package rice vermicelli (broken up)
- 1Melt the Butter in a large pot over medium/high heat.
- 2Add Onions and Garlic and cook until tender.
- 3Stir in the Ground Ginger.
- 4Add the Cumin, Salt, Curry Powder, and Pepper Flakes.
- 5Add the water and stir.
- 6Add the Chicken, and cook until done.(about 10 minutes).
- 7Add the Diced Tomatoes and stir.
- 8Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 1/2 hour stirring occasionly.
- 9Add the Yogurt to make it creamy.
- 10Add the Cilantro.
- 11Add the Rice Vermicelli and stir until cooked. (it only takes a couple of minutes).
- 12Remove from heat and ENJOY.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 835.1
- Calories from Fat 474
- Total Fat 52.7 g
- Saturated Fat 31.8 g
- Cholesterol 202.4 mg
- Sodium 2636.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 35.7 g