Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delicious filling soup!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 cups chopped butternut squash
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (32 ounce) chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- Heat olive oil in large soup pot. Add carrot, celery, onion, and garlic.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes. Add squash and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add stock, turn heat to high, and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, simmer soup until squash is tender, 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Blend with an immersion blender until creamy.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.