Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A Stonyfield yogurt recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 1 lb cauliflower floret
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups stonyfield farm low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower florets and about 2 tablespoons of the vegetable broth to generate steam.
- Place lid on pot, reduce heat to medium, and steam vegetables for about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder and remaining broth.
- Simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, ladle broth and vegetables into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Return to soup pot, heat over medium heat, and gradually whisk the yogurt and seasonings into the soup.
- Once combined, do not bring to a boil to prevent the yogurt from curdling.
- Serve warm.