Recipe by Cupcake-Princess
This is my own recipe that I created for yummy cheesy twice baked potatoes.
Top Review by SQRT(3)
My girlfriend made the Twice Baked Potatoes for us. We had these with lamb roast and I must say that it was soooooooooooo delicious combination! :-) Just crossed my mind that it would be worthwile to try mix blue cheese (eventhough I am not the biggest one of it) to the potato mash mixture.
- 8 medium russet potatoes, baked
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or more)
- 3⁄4-1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- mustard powder, to taste
- ground nutmeg, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra for topping potatoes with
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small skillet saute white onion and oil until tender, set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking sheet. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lenthwise, and scoop out the insides with a grapefruit spoon over a large mixing bowl. Place potato insides into bowl and place the potato shells onto baking sheet.
- Mix together potato insides, cooked onion, sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, garlic, mustard, nutmeg, and hot sauce until smooth.
- Stir in green onions and cheese. Spoon filling into potato shells and sprinkle tops with the additional cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, then broil on low until tops are golden brown. Serve immediatly sprinkled with the additional chopped green onions.