Top Review by Creation in Hope
I made this for the 2006 Summer Pick A Chef Contest. I would of given this a 4 star because I did not like the sauce. I just did not get into the lemon and orange flavor. But the pork chops themselves were awesome!! I plan on making this recipe again just without the sauce. The sauce does not take much time or effort to make so I would encourage everyone to try it at least once before deciding on whether they like it or not since its a matter of personal taste. I really enjoyed this recipe and so did the rest of the family!!
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 pork cutlets (about 24 ounces total)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- orange wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 4 ingredients on a plate.
- Coat pork in seasoned flour, shaking off extra.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add pork and sauté until cooked about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plates.
- Add 4 tablespoons olive oil to skillet.
- Add garlic and sauté until golden brown for about 10 minutes.
- Add orange juice and lemon juice.
- Broil until slightly thickened, whisking occasionally for about 30 seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over pork.
- Garnish with orange wedges and serve.