Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A pinch of chili gives this a nice kick, perfect in the garden with a few Mexican beers. This has a slightly Mexican flavour, combining warm chicken tossed with cumin and chili powder, kidney beans and creamy avocado. The tomatoes are slightly cooked too, so their juice bursts into the Caesar dressing as you cut into them - delicious.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved if large
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 gem lettuce, separated into leaves
- 1 ounce cilantro
- 3 Hass avocadoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 6 tablespoons caesar salad dressing (ready-made dressing is fine)
- 14 ounces red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Mix the oil and spices in a large bowl, then use the mixture to coat the chicken.
- Pan-fry the chicken (without extra oil) in a large non-stick frying pan for a few mins each side.
- Toss the tomatoes into any spiced oil left in the bowl, then add them to the pan.
- Cover and cook for 5 mins more until the chicken is cooked and the tomatoes are warm and starting to soften.
- Meanwhile, toss the onion, lettuce, cilantro and avocados in the Caesar dressing and pile onto a large platter.
- Top with small handfuls of the beans and scatter with the tomatoes.
- Slice the warm chicken and pile on top.
- Serve with crusty bread or crunchy tortilla chips.