Recipe by Aroostook
This dish is unusual but a great hit with my crew. The cukes give this dish a nice texture.
Top Review by SolightlyUK
I love cucumbers and am thrilled to have a new recipe to use them -- it will come in handy when the garden yields come in. My only change was to add one minced red chili, and therefore reduced the pepper flakes to just a sprinkle.
- 2 -3 large cucumbers, peeled,seeded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 2 cups shrimp or 2 cups chicken or 2 cups pork
- soy sauce
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a wok or heavy pan over high heat.
- When wok is hot, add 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- When oil is hot, add cucumbers and 1 tablespoon of the ginger and a couple of splashes of soy sauce.
- Stirfry until cucumbers are tender-crisp to the bite (about 3 minutes).
- Pour onto a platter and keep warm.
- Pour remaining 2 tablespoons oil into wok.
- When oil is hot, add garlic, remaining 1 tablespoon ginger, onions, and shrimp/chicken/pork; Stirfry until all are cooked through (about 3 minutes).
- Add a couple of slashes of soy sauce during the last minute of cooking.
- Serve over hot rice.