Recipe by Sharon123
This is a great warm weather soup! From Food TV, courtesy Sara's Secrets!
Top Review by Canadian In Atlanta
This is delicious! I didn't peel the cucumbers because I think the peel has nutrients (plus I like my soups chunky). I love the wasabi. I also used no fat yogurt. I didn't add the ice cubes at the end because I like a thicker soup. Really delicious!
- 3 English cucumbers, peeled and sliced (3 1/2 pound total)
- 118.29 ml cold water
- 29.58-44.37 ml seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 9.85 ml kosher salt, plus
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 1 ripe california avocado, peeled and pitted
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 226.79 g container plain yogurt
- 4.92 ml wasabi (or 1 1/2 teaspoons wasabi powder mixed with 1/2 teaspoon water)
- 44.37 ml finely chopped fresh chives
- freshly ground white pepper
- 354.88 ml ice cubes
- finely chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree cucumbers with water, vinegar, and 2 teaspoons kosher salt in batches in a blender until smooth.
- Mash together avocado, lime juice, and remaining teaspoon kosher salt until smooth.
- Whisk in yogurt, wasabi paste, chives, and pepper, to taste.
- Just before serving, blend soup with ice in batches until smooth.
- Serve topped with avocado cream.
- Note: Soup (before blending with ice) and avocado cream may be made 1 day ahead and kept, separately, chilled and covered.