Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
These open-faced sandwiches are perfect for showers, ladies' teas or brunches. My mom used to make these for me as a little girl for our "tea parties". I use the Neufchatel Cheese because its a lighter taste and less fat than cream cheese. They are also good topped with a single, chilled cocktail shrimp. If you can't find cocktail bread, then a regular slice will do - just cut it in half.
- 1 loaf pumpernickel cocktail bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 hothouse cucumber, Sliced Thin
- dried dill
- Blend together cream cheese and dressing mix. Spread 1-2 teaspoons of cream cheese mixture on bread.
- Top each slice with a sliver of cucumber.
- Sprinkle with dill.
- Chill for up to 1 day.