Recipe by Miss Annie
A nice light pasta salad for lunch or patio supper. It goes together in a hurry. Low in calories and fat.
Top Review by Sue Lau
WOW! This was absolutely wonderful! It had a very refreshing taste, the thing I always look for in a salad. The flavor was mild- yet a tiny bit piquant, but I did add some more chili oil (I couldn't help myself, I love it hot!). I also added some chopped cilantro for color, but someone might just as easily add some chopped parsley. It did add to the appearance overall. Those were my only touches, but this salad was great even on its own. Thanks, Miss Annie!
- 4 ounces bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 small cucumber, scored,thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup very thinly sliced red onions or 1⁄3 cup other sweet onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 3 quarts water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Pour in pasta and return to a boil.
- Cook until al dente, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine vinegar, oil, sugar, chili oil, and salt; mix well.
- Add the cucumber, bell pepper, and onion, and toss to coat.
- Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water.
- Drain again, add to the cucumber mixture, and toss well.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill.