Recipe by lazyme
A Vietnamese-style salad that makes a refreshing accompaniment to any kind of barbecued meat.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Sorry, we just didn't care for this salad very much. The hoisin just tasted off on the watermelon. We all tasted, but did not finish. On the plus side, the mint and peanuts were good additions.
- 1 1⁄2 large English cucumbers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 3 cups watermelon, seeded, 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dry roasted peanuts, lightly salted, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cucumbers and watermelon in medium bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 15 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Drain; discard liquid.
- Whisk lime juice and hoisin sauce in small bowl to blend.
- Pour dressing over cucumber-watermelon mixture and toss gently.
- Season salad to taste with pepper.
- Sprinkle salad with cilantro, mint, and then peanuts.
- Serve immediately.