Recipe by AndreaVT96
My mom came up with this easy recipe years ago when my father, who was a die hard meat, potatoes and gravy type guy, had a heart attack and had to reduce the fat and cholesterol in his diet. It's so easy and delicious that my husband and I enjoy it often.
- 1 lb cube steak (about 4 steaks)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly brown the outside of your cube steaks in a pan. No need to add any oil, etc.
- Add one can of Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup. (I've never tried any other flavor, though they might work. Even though I don't normally care for mushrooms, this soup makes the dish.) Do NOT add any water. (The soup cooks down.) Spread the soup over the steaks with spoon.
- Cook over low heat until the steaks are done in the center. The soup will cook into a gravy as the meat cooks. (You can cook this a little faster or slower, depending on how much time you have. It always turns out. I just find the "gravy" turns out best if you keep the heat kind of low.).
- (If you like extra "gravy" for a side of potatoes or are cooking more than 1 lb. of steak, you can always use more than 1 can of the soup.).