Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A simple slow cooked Cuban style pork stew. Best served over a bed of rice to absorb the tasty liquid.
- 5 lbs pork shoulder, trimmed
- 9 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 small orange, grated zest and juice
- 1⁄2 lime, grated zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 medium onions
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable broth
- Cut Pork shoulder roast into 2 inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together garlic, black pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano and cumin. Add in the zest, juices and vinegar, stirring to make a paste.
- Add the pork pieces and toss until evenly coated.
- Cut the onions into think slices and arrange on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour the broth over the onions.
- Arrange the pork in an even layer over the onions, pouring over any reserved marinade.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours (or 8 hours on low) until the pork is fork-tender.