Recipe by justcallmetoni
This is the perfect recipe for those who love the flavors of a classic Cuban pork roast but are cooking in small quantities. Typical of Cuban fare, these are full of tropical flavors but not spicy. The garlic and lime pair beautifully in a fragrant marinade. Though you can marinade as briefly as an hour, for best results let the pork soak up to 6-8 hours. (Don't marinade overnight as the citrus cooks the pork over longer periods). Serve these with my Almost Fried Plantains #134349 for a delightful healthy meal.
Top Review by RuthlessWr
I'm actually not a big fan of pork chops, but my husband likes them and so I gave this recipe a try. It turned out really well! The chops marinated for about 6 hours and turned out to be very flavorful! This is a great quick main dish.
- 2 (5 ounce) lean boneless pork chops
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from pork chops. Use a knife to cut shallow cross-hatch marks over both surfacesof the chops.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together in a resealable bag or non-reactive container. Add the chops and place in the refrigerator. Marinate at least an hour.
- Grill or broil 8-10 minutes, turning once half way.