Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got something similar to this recipe years ago, and since then I have added my own touch. You can do a lot with this. I serve it over black beans and rice... oh and you can't forget the Cuban bread!
- 2 -6 boneless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces goya sofrito sauce
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons edmundo golden cooking wine
- Cut chicken in cubes.
- Marinate chicken for at least an hour in sofrito, wine, garlic and seasonings.
- (I try to marinate over night).
- Over low-med heat cook chicken.
- Add in olives and whatever else you may like.
- Serve over black beans and rice (if you like).
This was so easy and so tasty! I added kalamata olives and served over cilantro rice. I'm definitely making this again. I used regular white wine and it was great.
I've been making something similar for years. I pick up the jar of Sofrito and just add 1/2 of it to 2 boneless chicken breasts in an oven proof pan (pyrex or similar), put it in the oven at 350 degrees and let it bake an hour. Served over rice or pasta and meal is done. How easy is that!
Easy and Awesome!!!