Lemony Picnic Chicken
I got this recipe from my mom; she's had it for years. Easy to make and very flavorful.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 lbs chicken breast and chicken thighs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, salt, and paprika.
- Coat chicken pieces with seasoned flour mixture.
- Melt butter in a baking pan.
- Add chicken and coat with butter on all sides.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the lemon baste by mixing all ingredients.
- Pour half the baste over the chicken.
- Turn over the chicken pieces and pour the rest of the baste over it.
- Continue baking 30 more minutes , or until chicken is brown and tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION