Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Mojo (pronounced moe-hoe)is Cuba's national table sauce. Serve pork chops with black beans and white rice.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, cumin, and oregano, cook 1 minute.
- Quickly add lime juice, and bring to boil until slightly thickened.
- Add salt and pepper, set aside to cool.
- Place pork chops in shallow bowl, cover with sauce, coating chops.
- Marinate for 1 hour in fridge.
- Grill or broil chops until well done, and reheat remaining sauce.
- Transfer chops to plate and pour sauce over chops.
Maine-iac, this was such a wonderful recipe. Simplicity itself that cannot be improved on. I loved the marinade with cumin (a staple in my house). Easy to make and easier to eat. My family really enjoyed this dish. You can bet I will be making this one again. Thanks!
This was edible but nothing I'd make again. The only good thing I can say is that it made the house smell good, but they didn't follow through on taste.
This was good, not great. I love lime, but I thought the recipe had too much of it, so I used about half the amount. The pork chops were pretty good, but the remaining sauce was still too limey, even with the reduced amount, so I served the pork chops without it. Basically an average recipe and not something I would make again.