Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
In '500 Best Comfort Food Recipes' by Johanna Burkhard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups grated zucchini, squeezed dry
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 6 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 3⁄4 cup Fontina cheese
- 1⁄2 cup soft fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 325°; grease a 10-inch pie plate or quiche dish.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over med-high heat.
- Add zucchini, green onions, and red pepper; cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; stir in zucchini mixture, cheese, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until set in center.