Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I created this from another recipe I found here on Zaar, only I modified it to be lower in carbs.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 -2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 eggs, beaten
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and onion powder in a large skillet over medium heat, drain off fat.
- Mix together eggs, cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, pepper and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Put browned beef into a 9 inch pie plate, pour remaining ingredients over the beef.
- Place in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
We thought this was divine! I substituted regular ground sausage, which added a lot of flavor. Without heavy cream, I used 2% milk and melted butter. Light mayo was substituted for regular, and I added an extra 1/2 c of cheddar cheese. Make sure to stir the mayonnaise really well into the rest (before adding the cheese) to get rid of the lumps, too. We all agreed this is a 5 star recipe. It looks so pretty, I'd serve it to guests! Much better than any Bisquick version I've made. Thanks so much for this keeper!
I have made this a few times now and think it is absolutely excellent. It's something different to do with ground beef that makes a nice change, plus it is low carb. I use real onion and real garlic instead of the powders which I brown in with the meat and I use low-fat Hellman's mayo. Absolutely delicious!
This was actually pretty good. It was strange to eat something with the eggy texture on top that still tastes like a cheeseburger, lol, but we ended up liking it. The kids both had seconds, so that's a good sign for them. I subbed ground turkey for the ground beef, as usual. I doubled the entire thing and put it in a 9x13 dish. I cooked it for about 55 minutes.