Recipe by Cookin Okie
I made this for a church dinner by compiling my favorite parts of 2 different egg casseroles. The dish was scraped clean! This is good for Brunch, or for a main dish.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Tasty tasty. Didn't change too much, just increased the bacon abit by adding some turkey bacon & prosciutto. I didn't have green onions or fresh mushrooms so I sub'd white onions & canned mushrooms. It worked but next time I'll make sure I have the other ingredients. We love garlic so next time I'm going to try & add 1 minced fresh garlic clove to the egg mixture. Easy recipe to throw together, thanks for sharing.
- 3 cups frozen hash browns
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 12 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350^. Spray 11x7 glass baking dish w/cooking spray. In baking dish, layer potatoes.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, cottage cheese, oregano, and garlic powder w/wire whisk until well blended. Add green peppers, mushrooms, cooked bacon, and onions (withhold a few tablespoons of the green chives to sprinkle on top after baking).
- Pour egg mixture over the top of the hashbrowns. Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Top with the remaining chives and tomatoes, if desired. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.