Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Have leftover turkey? This is a great recipe to use up some of the leftovers.
- 2 cups cooked turkey
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced water chestnuts, dranied
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn flakes (crushed down to 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl excpet the topping items.
- Spoon into a greased a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly over the top.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
Left-over turkey in the freezer and nothing to do with it. Glad I stumbled on this recipe. Nice and easy to put together. I liked the crunch from the water chestnuts and the topping was a good idea. I sprinkled a little parmesan cheese on top. Family thought it was good and were glad to have something different for dinner. Thanks, Beatrice.
Oh, how I hate to give bad reviews! I am giving two stars because we are not big on casseroles, so that may have affected our judgement a bit. I also loved the cornflake topping, that much was fabulous! But not a single person in my family liked this, including the company that we had over! I followed the recipe to a "T" with the exception of the broccoli, I used the normandy mix wich gave it a bit more flavor. This casserole had a really odd taste to it. Then again, maybe it was just us! ;)
This was very good! I added 1/2 cup of cheese and used only 1/2 cup of mayo. I didn't have any plain white rice so I used chicken rice-a-roni. The family loved it and there's plebty leftover for tomorrow!