Recipe by Manami
Make sure to get your greens every day. Vegetables are full of fiber, which helps to reduce cholesterol and blood pressure. Vegetables are naturally low in calories and provide "bulk" and help to minimize the risk of overeating. Simply sauté the snow peas in unsalted butter and Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb Seasoning Blends until cooked crisp for an easy and practically effortless veggie dish. www.mrsdash.com Quick cook time, very low sodium, low carb
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash onion and herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb snow peas, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons slivered unsalted toasted almonds or 2 tablespoons unsalted toasted cashew nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm the olive oil in a small sauté pan.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the snow peas.
- Toss quickly and add a few drops of water. Toss again. Cook about 3-4 minutes, leaving the snow peas crisp.
- Add the lemon juice and toss again.
- Spoon on to a serving plate, sprinkle with the fresh shallots, the cashews and Mrs. Dash® Onion & Herb Seasoning Blend.
- Add a tablespoons of the cooking juices, spooned over the pea pods.