Another recipe I got out of my "Land O Lakes - Best - Loved Recipes".
Make and share this Crunchy Snickerdoodle French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- Grease 15x10x1 -inch jelly-roll pan.
- Combine half & half, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- in shallow bowl; mix well.
- Place crushed cereal in another shallow bowl. Dip bread slices in egg mixture then into cereal crumbs. Place into prepared pan. Cover; freeze until firm (1 to 2 hours or overnight).
- Heat oven to 425°F Bake uncovered, turning once, for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with butter and maple syrup, if desired.
- *Substitute any cinnamon-flavored cereal or plain flake cereal.
- The amount of egg mixture absorbed when making French toast depends upon the bread being used. Soft bread with an open, porous texture will absorb more liquid and absorb it more quickly than drier bread with a fine texture, Once you've dipped the first 1 or 2 slices, you can determine how long to keep the bread in the egg mixture, so you don't run out of the egg mixture.