Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe I got out of my "Land O Lakes - Best - Loved Recipes".
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free half-and-half or 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal (cinnamon-sugar crispy sweetened whole wheat and crispy rice cereal, crushed*)
- 12 slices French bread (3/4-inch thick)
- Grease 15x10x1 -inch jelly-roll pan.
- Combine half & half, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- in shallow bowl; mix well.
- Place crushed cereal in another shallow bowl. Dip bread slices in egg mixture then into cereal crumbs. Place into prepared pan. Cover; freeze until firm (1 to 2 hours or overnight).
- Heat oven to 425°F Bake uncovered, turning once, for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with butter and maple syrup, if desired.
- *Substitute any cinnamon-flavored cereal or plain flake cereal.
- The amount of egg mixture absorbed when making French toast depends upon the bread being used. Soft bread with an open, porous texture will absorb more liquid and absorb it more quickly than drier bread with a fine texture, Once you've dipped the first 1 or 2 slices, you can determine how long to keep the bread in the egg mixture, so you don't run out of the egg mixture.
Made a fun weekend breakfast for my kids and their sleepover guests. Nice that prep can be done the night before. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Just like the crunchy taste of that ol cinnamon cereal in the morning !! Absolutely enjoyed it.. A great breakfast starter. Made for 1-2-3 hits.
SOOO GOOD! Was crunchy but not dried out. I froze overnight and baked up this morning. Will make again!! Made for Fall 2009 PAC.