1/1 Photo of Crunchy Snickerdoodle French Toast
Another recipe I got out of my "Land O Lakes - Best - Loved Recipes".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease 15x10x1 -inch jelly-roll pan.
- 2Combine half & half, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- 3in shallow bowl; mix well.
- 4Place crushed cereal in another shallow bowl. Dip bread slices in egg mixture then into cereal crumbs. Place into prepared pan. Cover; freeze until firm (1 to 2 hours or overnight).
- 5Heat oven to 425°F Bake uncovered, turning once, for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with butter and maple syrup, if desired.
- 6*Substitute any cinnamon-flavored cereal or plain flake cereal.
- 8The amount of egg mixture absorbed when making French toast depends upon the bread being used. Soft bread with an open, porous texture will absorb more liquid and absorb it more quickly than drier bread with a fine texture, Once you've dipped the first 1 or 2 slices, you can determine how long to keep the bread in the egg mixture, so you don't run out of the egg mixture.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Snickerdoodle French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.5
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 1006.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 21.3 g