1/1 Photo of Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad - Make Ahead
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
This makes a great meatless meal, a lovely luncheon or dinner salad when topped with a grilled & sliced chicken breast. I tend to like a tangier dressing so I use less oil than vinegar. Feel free to adjust to your taste. The amount of added veggies, fruits & nuts can be increased as well. I recently discovered that by adding sugar snap peas & seedless cucumbers it has a more "Asian" flair to it. Enjoy! This can be made a day ahead and tossed with the dressing before serving. Prep time does not included grilling chicken breast or shrimp. If serving as a side salad, this will serve up 8-10+.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced with tops
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup cashew halves
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 ounces oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles, reserve seasoning packet
- 1/4-1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 apple, with peels, diced
- 1/2 cup sweetened cranberries
- 1/2-1 cup seedless cucumber, quartered, peels on
- 1/2-1 cup sugar snap pea, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup radicchio, for color (optional)
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, 1/2 per person (optional)
- 1Mix all veggies, nuts and fruits together.
- 2Break up DRY noodles (**do not boil) and add to veggie mix before serving.
- 3Make dressing. Whisk together all the ingredients listed, until sugar dissolves. Set aside if making ahead.
- 4At this point you can refrigerate overnight.
- 5Toss with dressing, serve and top with chicken or shrimp, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad - Make Ahead
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.1
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 586.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 13.4 g