Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious, crunchy, and full of peanut butter. This is my mother's recipe that I veganized by subbing in agave nectar for the honey.
- 2 cups peanut butter (some natural and some Jiffy)
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 3⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ (for rolling)
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- Stir all together in a large bowl.
- Form into 1" balls and roll in extra 1/2 cup wheat germ.
- If the mixture is too soft, then simply chill in fridge for an hour or more. These keep well in the fridge.
I enjoyed these. However, no one in my family did. Until I dipped them in chocolate that is, then they devoured them. Not so healthy, but healthier than my regular recipe for buck eye balls which contains a lot of powdered sugar.
My art club friends scarfed down 4 each, asking for the recipe, and my mom ate 3. 'Nough said. Seriously, these rock! I love the crunchy lightness from the rice crispies. I used crunchy peanut butter, and granola in place of grape nuts. This was a great intro to agave nectar, which I've wanted to try and WOW it is so honey- like! Last thing: I halved it and got 19 walnut-sized balls.