Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
from 1999 taste of home cookbook by mary reid fisher
- 1 (1 kg) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (optional)
- in a bowl combine first four ingredients.
- in a small bowl combine mayonnaisse, sour cream and seasoned salt; mix well.
- add above to pea mixture;.
- toss to coat and chill.
- may also add cold, diced cooked chicken or turkey.
I am always looking for inventive side items such as this. I used the seasoning salt with hesitancy, but I couldn't even taste it in there. Actually, this whole dish was a little tasteless. I am not giving it any stars b/c I used lowfat mayo and lowfat sour cream and perhaps that's why it lacked flavor. The more I ate it, the more I did like it though. I might be willing to try it again, I'd definitely add more seasoning salt to see if that made it more tasty.