Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
This is a BIG hit! This cookie is just fantastic!
Make and share this Crunchy Oat White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- With electric mixer, beat shortening, sugars, eggs, vanilla and buttermilk 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda and the salt.
- With your hands, add shortening mixture and and stir well.
- Add chocolate chips& the nuts; stir by hand.
- Chill dough at least a half hour until the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Drop by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto greased insulated cookie sheet.
- Bake 16-18 minutes until cookies are light golden brown.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for a minute, then cool on rack.