Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is nice on its own with milk or use to make my 'Breakfast Cranachan', a mixture of cereal, raspberries and yogurt.
- 1 1⁄4 cups large rolled oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups roughly chopped pecans (you can use almonds or hazelnuts if you prefer, or a mixture)
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C.
- Mix all ingredients together and spread onto a large shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden and crunchy.
- Leave to cool then break up into clumps and serve.
- *This mixture will keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, stored in a cool dry place.
This is a super simple and really great granola cereal. I used real maple syrup and I also added 1/4 cup of oat bran. You can easily substitute other nuts, I basically use whatever is on hand when I make it now. Tastes great, extremely filling, and very nutritious! Not to mention easy and fast. It's the perfect breakfast.
Absolutely wonderful cereal! I followed Lalaloula's lead & reduced the amount of maple syrup & the butter & was very happy with the results! A winner, for sure! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
This is a super yummy, super easy to make, simple granola recipe! Mmmm, very addictive! :)
The maple syrup goes great with the oats and adds a nice depth of flavour. The cereal is crunchy, not too sweet and perfect with plain yogurt. YUM!
I reduced the amount of butter and syrup used by half to suit our personal preference and found it just right like that. My cereal only needed 25 minutes in the oven, but maybe that was just my oven...Id advise everyone to keep a close eye on it, though to prevent overbrowning.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing such a delish keeper with us, Jen T!
Made and reviewed for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #53 June 2011.