1/4 Photos of Crunchy Cranberry Buttermilk Muffins
This delicious recipe came from the American Dairy Association,courtesy of Home Cooking. Packed with oats, cranberries, and buttermilk, this is a treat for the eyes and the tummy! Cranberries are grown in the Mid West, New England and Canada!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup quick oats, uncooked
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar (or more to sweeten more)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4-1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Combine liquid ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- 4Stir the liquid mixture into dry mixture just until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- 5Gently stir in cranberries.
- 6Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 7Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Check at 18 minutes for doneness.
- 8Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- 9Serve warm or cold with butter and/or cream cheese.
- 10Note: Muffins can be prepared ahead and frozen.
- 11Reheat in microwave-one muffin on high for 30 to 45 seconds.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Cranberry Buttermilk Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (709 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.0 mg
- Sodium 300.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g