Recipe by Sharon123
This delicious recipe came from the American Dairy Association,courtesy of Home Cooking. Packed with oats, cranberries, and buttermilk, this is a treat for the eyes and the tummy! Cranberries are grown in the Mid West, New England and Canada!
Top Review by Gunnerbun
This is a very good muffin! I used a heaping 1/3 cup of brown sugar and left out nutmeg and walnuts because they were not in my pantry. I will be making these again in a few weeks for colleagues.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup quick oats, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar (or more to sweeten more)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4-1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine liquid ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Stir the liquid mixture into dry mixture just until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Gently stir in cranberries.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Check at 18 minutes for doneness.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with butter and/or cream cheese.
- Note: Muffins can be prepared ahead and frozen.
- Reheat in microwave-one muffin on high for 30 to 45 seconds.