Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A good filling for sandwiches, wraps, or just on a lettuce leaf.
Top Review by TamaraJo77
I had a luncheon potluck to go to and this is what I brought. A very good and different chicken salad. The different ingredients went together well and the texture was nice and crunchy. I brought sandwich rolls, croissants, and nan so everyone could make their own sandwich. Well received by everyone and very little left over to take home. That is always a telling sign of how good something is. Thanks Nurse Di.
- 5 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup cubed sweet gherkin
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup green seedless grape, halved
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper