Recipe by cookiedog
This salad is unique because it includes peanut brittle. It is the $200 winner in the Crunchy Kitchen Favorites Category January 2007 BHG. Cook time is refrigeration.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
What a novel idea & what a conversation piece! I'd previously made some Pistachio Brittle from another ZAAR recipe, so had some of that to substitute for the peanut brittle, but I DID include the salted mixed nuts! A great taste combination, & I'll certainly be keeping this recipe! Thanks so much!
- 3 cups coarsely shredded cooked chicken
- 2 -3 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup salted mixed nuts, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup broken peanut brittle
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl stir together chicken, celery, onion, mayonnaise, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Stir in nuts and peanut brittle just before serving. Salad can be refrigerated up to 2 hours after adding the nuts. Serve with flatbread.