Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Crunchy chicken and cheese casserole.
- 5 cups cooked chicken
- 2 cups small macaroni noodles, uncooked
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) soup can milk
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook 2 chickens and remove meat from bones.
- Mix all ingredients together. Put in a tightly covered bowl. Let stand overnight in refrigerator.
- Put in a buttered casserole, 9x13-inch.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes in a 350°F oven. Cover during first half hour of baking.
This is a nice casserole that you can whip up in advance and throw in the oven the next day. It's also a good way to use leftover chicken. I made this as written and found it to be a little bland. I think next time I'd add garlic and thyme and/or rosemary and maybe some other herbs r spices to pick up the flavor a bit. Thanx for sharing.