Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I recieved this recipe from my future sister-inlaw, Amy. She got the recipe from her aunt Diana. My family loves this slaw. I chilled my slaw sauce before using while preparing the other ingredients. When I made this I used white vinegar (I do not recommend Apple Cider Vinegar). I recommend using good quality Ramen noodles no off brands. I also use Sunkist Almond Accents roasted garlic caesar flavored sliced almonds. I also allowed my browned noodles, almonds and seeds to cool before mixing into the shredded slaw. Diana says "Do not pour sauce onto slaw mix until ready to serve or the noodles will become soggy".
- 1⁄2 head cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup white sesame seeds
- 6 ounces ramen noodles
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute or 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Whisk together canola oil, vinegar, soy sauce and splenda. Set aside.
- Melt 1 stick of butter.
- While butter is melting crush dry raman noodles into bite size pieces. Remove the seasoning pack and discard (I reserve the seasoning for use in other dishes).
- Add to the melted butter almonds, sesame seeds, and dry raman noodles. Cook until browned.
- Shred 1/2 of the head of cabbage and set aside.
- When ready to serve pour browned noodles, almonds and seeds into shredded cabbage toss. Add the slaw sauce and toss again.