Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A wonderful and very easy to prepare coffeecake, that is eaten warm right out of the oven....delicious!
Top Review by Luvs2kook
This was just ok for me. I wanted a topping a little more crumbly, but the melted topping went all the way through my coffee cake, leaving nice swirls of goodness. It was very moist and overall good. Just not the type of coffee cake I was looking for.
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups pasrty flour or 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup cold strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 8 x 8" baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the first 3 ingredients; set aside.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; beat in egg, oil, coffee and vanilla, beating well.
- Make a well in the flour mixture; add liquids all at once, and combine until batter is smooth.
- Turn into greased baking pan, spread evenly.
- Then sprinkle top with the reserved brown sugar mixture; swirl with a knife to mix in slightly with the batter (or just sprinkle the topping on top of batter).
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cake stand for 45 minutes before cutting into squares (serve hot or warm), reheats nicely!