Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in a Kraft newspaper insert. It's my husband's absolute favorite dinner. It's super easy to make and delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (14 ounce) packagekraft Mac n' Cheese Deluxe
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese (sharp is our favorite)
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb boneless chicken breast half (4-5 breast halves)
- 1 cup crushed buttery cracker (such as Ritz)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- STIR together milk, 1 cup water, Deluxe Cheese Pouch, macaroni and shredded cheddar cheese in greased 13X9-inch baking dish.
- PLACE chicken on top of macaroni mixture. Mix crushed crackers and butter; sprinkle over chicken.
- BAKE, uncovered at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
This recipe was a true disappointment. It seemed easier than the other macaroni recipes I've successfully made in the past but maybe deceptively so. The outcome was dry, overcooked, burnt on the edges and a definite pass. If you have your heart set on trying it anyway, try adding more milk or water, cheese and setting the oven to a lower setting. Even then...
I made this when I was strapped for time, it turned out pretty well! My brother was surprised that I made something that tasty. My only suggestion would be to break up the chicken in to chunks and cover the whole thing with breadcrumbs. Maybe my chicken was just too large, but I could barely finish one portion!