Recipe by TasteTester
This is a great-tasting vegetable side dish - my kids love it. I particularly like it with chicken, and a green vegetable such as peas, green beans, etc.
Top Review by Debbwl
A nice side. We like savory roasted squash but this just was not quite to our taste. Not sure but think it may be the lemon that through it off for us. Made as written and enjoyed the crumb topping over the squash. Thanks for the post.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a square glass pan, 8"x8"x2", with nonstick cooking spray. Mix all ingredients except bread crumbs and broth; spread in pan.
- Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes or until squash is tender. Mix bread crumbs and broth; sprinkle over squash. Set oven control to broil. Broil squash about 4 inches from heat for 3 minutes or until bread crumbs are brown.
- (NOTE: The squash can be cut up ahead of time, wrapped tightly, and put in the fridge for 2-3 hours before the rest of meal is started.