This appetizer sounds wonderful. I hope to try it soon. From 128 Cafe, St. Paul, Minnesota. Times do not include roasting the garlic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 lbs granny smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup diced seeded plum tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- olive oil
- roasted garlic
- 12 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, room temperature (such as Montrachet)
- 1Stir sugar and vinegar in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- 2Add next 4 ingredients and simmer until mixture is syrupy and reduced to 1/2 cup, about 8 minutes.
- 3Mix in apples and raisins.
- 4Increase heat to high and boil until apples are tender, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- 5Cool to room temperature. (Chutney can be made 3 days ahead; cover and refrigerate.)
- 6Mix in tomatoes and mint.
- 7Preheat oven to 450°F
- 8Arrange baguette slices on baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- 9Bake until golden and crisp, about 8 minutes.
- 10Spread each toast with roasted garlic; top with goat cheese and chutney.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crostini With Roasted Garlic, Goat Cheese, and Apple Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 207.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 38.3 g
- Protein 9.9 g