An eye catching appetizer for Christmas parties (red, white and green). I saw this in "Holiday Appetizers" by Favorite Brand Name Recipes and wanted to save it here. I will be making this for the holidays this year.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Slice baguette into very thin diagonal slices.
- Slice tomato vertically into four 1/4 inch slices.
- Place baguette slices on non-stick baking sheet, top each with 1 Tbsp cheese, then 1 slice of tomato.
- Bake approximately 8 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, top each crostini with about 1/2 tsp pesto sauce and garnish with fresh basil if desired.
- Serve warm.
This was very good. The pesto sauce is very domineering in this. But we love pesto sauce. May add additional cheese next time. Thanks Made for PAC Spring 2009