Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
Cool weather is just around the corner here in the Phoenix area, so I thought i'd better look up my cool weather recipes. This delicious, easy-to-make soup is perfect for a hectic evening.
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen meatballs, precooked and thawed
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup small shell pasta
- 2 cups spinach, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, preheat olive oil. Saute the onions until softened.
- Add the garlic, chicken broth, water, tomatoes with juice, and seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer a couple of minutes.
- Add the carrots, pasta and spinach. Cook 10 minutes or until carrots are tender and pasta is al dente.