Crockpot Brisket by Ellen K
- Trim all excess fat from brisket, brush meat with kitchen bouquet.
- Combine seasonings until well blended; rub into brisket.
- Place onion slices in bottom of crock pot. Place meat in crock pot, with fat side up, cutting to fit if necessary.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, reduce heat and cook on low 6-8 hours longer or cook on low for 10-12 hours.
- Remove brisket from liquid, let the brisket stand - wrapped in the foil - for 20 minutes before carving or shredding.
- Serve one of two ways: (1) thinly slice the brisket across the grain OR.(2) shred the brisket with a large, 2-pronged fork.