Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs 15 mins
A tasty taco soup I made with with a beefy base. Couldn't find a recipe that used salsa, so I made up my own! Add the beef broth slowly to the consistency you like!
- 453.59 g 85% lean ground beef, drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 2.46 ml garlic, minced
- 59.14 ml taco seasoning (1 packet)
- 453.59 g pico de gallo, medium spiciness
- 793.78 g low sodium beef broth
- 311.84 g sweet corn, with juice
- 425.24 g dark red kidney beans, drained
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
- Brown the ground beef with the onion adding the garlic the last few minutes;drain. Stir in pico de gallo and taco seasoning until warm and combined. Add to crock pot. Add corn and kidney beans and stir. Continue to stir in the beef broth. Set crockpot to low or medium (depending on yours, mine has a low and keep warm setting.) for 4 hours. Garnish with shredded cheddar or other favorite taco garnishes!
This proves that flavor doesn't have to take a back seat with a recipe that's relatively easy to pull off. Incredibly tasty soup that will now be a favorite of ours during the winter months!