Grandma's Souped up Ramen Noodle Soup
photo by yobodish
- Ready In:
- 1 ichiban original flavor ramen noodles
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pork tenderloin, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- half yellow onion, sliced
- 5 -7 thin slices of kamaboko fish cakes (These are pink and white Japanese fish cakes that can be found in frozen section.)
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 pieces of fried bean curd, sliced (Fried bean curds are in the refrigerated section. It usually comes in a plastic carton and has 8-10 )
- 1 scallion, diagonally cut in thin strips
- 1 egg, fried and julienned
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (Reduce the amount if you don't like it too spicy)
- ground black pepper, to taste& # 8232
- Whisk rice wine vinegar and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a medium-size pot and add oil. Stir in the garlic and pork and cook until the pork is no longer pink. Add water, noodles soup base and vinegar mix. Bring to a boil. Add the onions, fish cakes, and mushrooms. Season with pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the Ramen noodles and bean curd. Cook for 3 minutes. Top with scallions and egg.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!