Recipe by Caroline Cooks
A crock pot cross between a stew and a soup. Will banish the dreary day blues. Add another can of chicken broth to make it soupier. Enjoy with homemade bread. YUM!
Top Review by Stepher K
Very good! Good flavors and easy to make. I followed the directions almost exactly except that I used garlic salt instead of plain salt. Next time I will omit the broccoli. It was good with it, but the broccoli did not add to the dish. I only used one can of chicken broth and next time I will use two to make it more of like a soup.
- 3 roasted cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large celery rib, leaves and all, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1.5 (10 3/4 ounce) soup cans water
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped broccoli or 1 1⁄2 cups asparagus
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 -6 ounces egg noodles, homemade, if available
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat skillet and melt butter over medium-high heat; add onion and celery and cook to soften.
- Combine all ingredients, except noodles and broccoli in crock pot.
- Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or HIGH for 3-4. Turn to HIGH if on LOW setting.
- Add broccoli and noodles for last hour.