Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Here's a sure way to get rid of the leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. Better yet! No cooking over the hot stove, just use the crock pot.
- 1 cup cooked turkey, diced
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 4 1⁄2 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp and rice, in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on Low 5 to 7 hours or High 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Cover and cook on low setting about 45 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and firm.
- Serve over rice.
I didn't have any leftover Turkey so I bought two thighs. I skinned and removed the fat, then submurged them in the crockpot. That evening I removed them , deboned and cut them into cubes, while the shrimp were cooking. I reintroduced the turkey to the pot and served when done.