9 hrs 45 mins
9 hrs 30 mins
susan #9's Note:
Susie Watts Posted on SCDRecipe.com, a collection of recipes intended to help people with IBD/IBS, Crohn’s, colitis, diverticulitis, SIBO, autism and/or ADHD. All recipes adhere to the Specific Carbohydrte Diet as described by Elaine Gottschall’s book, Breaking the Vicious Cycle. source: www.scdrecipe.com/recipes/print/293/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the turkey and pat it dry with paper towels.
- 2Rub the turkey all over with the oil.
- 3Sprinkle the breast lightly with salt and pepper to personal preference.
- 4Place the breast, meaty side up, into a 5-quart slow cooker.
- 5Peel the onion, cut it into quarter, and place the pieces around the edges of the pot.
- 6Peel the garlic cloves and place them around the sides of the cooker.
- 7Cover the cooker and cook the breast on low for 9 hours, or until a meat thermometer registers 170 degrees.
- 8Remove the breast from the cooker and let the bird stand at least 10 minutes before slicing. (The internal temperature will continue to rise while the bird is standing.).
- 9Discard the vegetables in the cooker.
- 10Serve half the breast sliced, preferably with out the skins.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Turkey Dish (Scd)
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.0
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 73.5 mg
- Sodium 71.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 26.4 g