Recipe by susan #9
Susie Watts Posted on SCDRecipe.com, a collection of recipes intended to help people with IBD/IBS, Crohn’s, colitis, diverticulitis, SIBO, autism and/or ADHD. All recipes adhere to the Specific Carbohydrte Diet as described by Elaine Gottschall’s book, Breaking the Vicious Cycle. source: www.scdrecipe.com/recipes/print/293/
- 1 turkey breast (6 to 6 1/2 lbs frozen)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the turkey and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Rub the turkey all over with the oil.
- Sprinkle the breast lightly with salt and pepper to personal preference.
- Place the breast, meaty side up, into a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Peel the onion, cut it into quarter, and place the pieces around the edges of the pot.
- Peel the garlic cloves and place them around the sides of the cooker.
- Cover the cooker and cook the breast on low for 9 hours, or until a meat thermometer registers 170 degrees.
- Remove the breast from the cooker and let the bird stand at least 10 minutes before slicing. (The internal temperature will continue to rise while the bird is standing.).
- Discard the vegetables in the cooker.
- Serve half the breast sliced, preferably with out the skins.