Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A nice side dish for your favorite meal. I use my Rival 6 quart crock pot with a two sided crock. I place this in one side and a vegetable in the other.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 3⁄4 cups canned tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup juice, from canned tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- chopped chives
- In a skillet, saute the rice in butter until the rice is golden brown; place in crock pot.
- Pour the tomato liquid, tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper into the crock pot; mix well.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 6 to 8 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and chopped chives.
Sorry! - Definitely needed something. Tasted like diced tomatoes over rice - no flavor. Maybe some garlic and onions? The only real flavor came from the cheese on top. Tried for Bargain Basement Tag 2009.